Things to do in Saginaw
Whether you’re staying for a business trip, or a weekend getaway, be sure to take some time and explore the local area. There are a variety of things to do in Saginaw that guests of all ages will enjoy. Explore the area’s parks and entertainment venues, or take a mini trip to Michigan’s Little Bavaria, Frankenmuth. Take a peek at some of our favorite things to do in Saginaw below.
- Birch Run Outlets
- Bronner's Christmas Wonderland
- Castle Museum
- Children’s Zoo at Celebration Square
- Dow Event Center
- First Merit Bank Event Park
- Frank Andersen Celebration Park
- Hoyt Park
- MBS International Airport
- Ojibway Island
- Saginaw Art Museum
- Saginaw Valley State University
How To Get Here
- FirstMerit Bank Event Park (4.1 miles) – Catch a concert, festival, or performance at the FirstMerit Bank outdoor facility located in downtown Saginaw. The venue includes a large pavilion with a grassy area to accommodate nearly 5,500 guests.
- Dow Event Center (4.2 miles) – Located in downtown Saginaw, the Dow Event Center hosts many events throughout the year such as concerts, meetings, and conferences.
- Frankenmuth (19.1 miles) – Spend the day in Frankenmuth, Michigan’s little Bavaria, where you’ll find a variety of shopping, entertainment, restaurants, and festivities year round.
- Cabela’s (0.8 miles) – Outdoor enthusiasts will love shopping at Cabela’s. This outfitter store is a one stop shop for everything hunting, fishing, boating, camping, apparel, and more.
- Birch Run Outlets (21.1 miles) – Take a shopping trip to the Birch Run Premium Outlets. Find deals and steals at 145 outlet stores such as Nike, Pottery Barn, Gap, and J Crew.
- Ojibway Island (5.6 miles) – Visit downtown Saginaw’s island park along the Saginaw River. The island has a lush landscape that is perfect for leisurely strolls, bike rides, picnics, and scenic views.
- Frank Andersen Celebration Park (5.6 miles) – There’s a lot to see and do at the Frank Andersen Celebration Park. Some of the park’s features include a splash water park, a skateboard and inline skate park, a pavilion with picnic tables, rock-climbing wall, a playground, walking paths, and more.
- Hoyt Park (5.9 miles) – Spend some time outdoors at historic Hoyt Park, located downtown near the Children’s Zoo. The park has 6 softball fields, sledding and snowboarding hills, an outdoor winter ice rink, and a warming house for ice skate rentals.
- Saginaw Valley State University (3.6 miles) – Students and visitors will love our close proximity to Saginaw Valley State University. Take a tour of campus or watch a sporting event just five minutes from our hotel.
- Castle Museum (4.3 miles) – Learn about Saginaw County’s rich history at the historic castle building. The museum offers lectures, tours, a mobile museum, and many exhibits for guests of all ages.
- Children’s Zoo at Celebration Square (6.0 miles) – Kids of all ages will enjoy spending the day at the zoo and learning about over 70 different species of animals from around the world. Popular exhibits include an Australia walk-about, a butterfly garden, a miniature train ride, flower gardens, and more.
- Bronner's Christmas Wonderland (20.0 miles) - Check out the world's largest Christmas store year round, just 30 minutes away from our hotel.
- Saginaw Art Museum (4.3 miles) - Visit this historically rich museum and learn about art through many different exhibits or explore the gardens built in the 1800s.